WhatsApp business is now available to the general public; something the supping business owners would relish in, but here’s everything you need to know about the messenger app, plus how you can make the best use of it…
- It’s only available to Android users. So iOS and Blackberry users can wait for it
did I just say blackberry?.
- It only works for only one phone number. No way you could have used your current WhatsApp line for business, unless you are willing to sacrifice.
- Your contacts and messages/history would be switched into the business app, should you choose to use phone line being used for your P WhatsApp; what I call social WhatsApp.
- Your social WhatsApp goes numb after you’d made the switch. that is; you won’t be able to access the former Whatsapp registered with the same phone number.
- You can set your business name and status.
- Once you set your business name, it can’t be changed. Maybe it’s high time you get more serious.
- You can also set business location pointing to google map, website URL, phone number, email address, office hours etc.
- Then the label feature which you can label new orders, paying customers, pending payments, paid and complete orders and more.
- Autoresponder setting ensures you can communicate with your contact while away, as a greeting and/ or quick reply. Although your internet connection must be on for this to work.
Not good for data off-er
- You can also check your Business WhatsApp analytics for messages sent, messages received, messages read and messages delivered.
- It also comes with status privacy
- More to follow…
WhatsApp Business has had over 500,000 downloads as at today. User’s aggregate rating so far is put at 4.1
Perhaps you too could find WhatsApp Business useful by visiting the Google Play Store here
What some people are saying: